December 2020 ride

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    Topic starter
    • #7688
      Andy Henderson
      Keymaster

      We won’t be able to ride on the 1st December because we’ll still be in lockdown. I’ve provisionally postponed the ride to the following Tuesday 8th December but until our tier is announced (hopefully this week) we won’t know if we’ll be able to ride even then.

      If it’s OK to ride, I’ll post a suggested destination next week.

      Replies to this topic appear here...

    • #7689
      Peter Walmsley
      Participant

      Am due knee replacement surgery 1/12 so this will to be too early for me.

      • #7690
        Andy Henderson
        Keymaster

        All the best, Peter. Let us know how it goes.

        Andy

    • #7710
      Andy Henderson
      Keymaster

      The forecast for Tuesday is (mainly) dry but cold.

      I propose a ride out over the ferry (which could do with our support) to Portsmouth Hot Walls. We won’t be able to go inside as a group so be prepared to have a take-away/bring-your-own elevenses. We’ll keep the break short.

      From the hot walls we can decide what to do next. In the past we’ve split with some going back along the seafront and over the ferry and the rest going up along Tipner lake then across the top of Portsea and back onto Hayling. No doubt someone will come up with a third option.

      We’re restricted to a maximum of six riders so, in case we’re oversubscribed, please let me know your availability on December 8th and 15th.

    • #7713
      Peter Haskell
      Participant

      Thanks Andy

      Would prefer the 8th but am ok for the 15th

      Peter

       

       

    • #7714
      David Dodgson
      Participant

      Hi Andy,

      Could you count me in please. The 8th would be best for me as a bit uncertain about 15th at this stage.

      David

    • #7715
      Andy Henderson
      Keymaster

      The ferry has just issued a revised timetable but the mid-morning sailings remain unchanged.

      I suggest we go for the 10.35 sailing from Hayling to get a slightly better temperature at the start.

      Andy

    • #7716
      Michael Bridgman
      Participant

      Thanks Andy

      Maggi & I would prefer the 15th

      Mike

    • #7717
      Ann Kent
      Participant

      Hi Andy, the 15th would be better for me if you do plan for another ride next week.

      Ann

    • #7718
      Andy Henderson
      Keymaster

      We’ll go tomorrow. We’ll be:

      • Me
      • Bob Hornby
      • David Dodgson
      • Peter Haskell

      Next week, subject to weather:

      • Mike
      • Maggi
      • Ann
    • #7719

      Hi Andy,

      Martine and hil would like to accompany you from the hayling ferry.

      Martine

       

       

      • #7720
        Andy Henderson
        Keymaster

        I’m sorry to say I’ve already had a request from Carol and Gil which takes us to six riders.

        Sorry

    • #7721
      Michael Bridgman
      Participant

      Looking at the weather tomorrow Maggi & I have decided not to ride this time.

      Mike

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The topic ‘December 2020 ride’ is closed to new replies.