February 2018 ride

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Steve Golding 1 year, 9 months ago.

  • Author
    Topic starter
  • #4434

    Andy Henderson
    Keymaster

    I’ve been keeping an eye on the weather. It looks like we’re in for a cold spell after a fair amount of rain which could mean ice. The forecast temperature (as I type this) for Tuesday at 10 is just 1 degree!

    So, it looks like we might have to postpone. Given the conditions lately, I was considering a relatively short ride to the Deck but I see they’re closed for expansion. So how about the Greenhouse or Costa in Emsworth instead?

    Unless the forecast improves I’ll send an email tomorrow postponing to Tuesday 13th.

    Replies to this topic appear here...

  • #4439

    Andy Henderson
    Keymaster

    The weather forecast is the same so I suggest we postpone to the 13th.

  • #4440

    Derek Russell
    Participant

    Good decision with the forecast as it is.  I also have a slight bias – I was going to have a fairly tight deadline at the end of the ride.  Let’s hope for decent weather in a week’s time.

  • #4441

    Mike Bridgman
    Participant

    Thanks Andy

    Yes, a move to next week will be safer, and maybe a little warmer!

  • #4450

    Steve Golding
    Participant

    Weather not looking the best for tomorrow. Sorry won’t be able to do 13th due to visitors. Have a good ride anyhow. Maybe March.

  • #4457

    Andy Henderson
    Keymaster

    I’m afraid the weather looks like letting us down again. Tomorrow’s forecast is for a high probability of rain combined with strong winds.

    If people want to go out tomorrow that’s fine, let me know. Otherwise I have to suggest another postponement (shame we aren’t going out today!)

    I’m afraid I can’t do next week (we’ve got daughter and granddaughter visiting). The forecast for Friday 16th looks reasonable. Any takers?

    Andy

    • #4466

      Hi Andy,

      I could normally do Friday however we`re up in Winchester that day.

      I am sending my apologies for this one. Have a good half term with the family.

      Martine

  • #4460

    Maggi Bridgman
    Participant

    Hi, Andy et al

    I agree that tomorrow’s weather doesn’t look good. Mike and Ican do Friday the 16th but we go to Mass at 10 and leave at 10.30 so we could meet the group somewhere.

  • #4461

    Anthony George
    Participant

    Friday should be ok for me.  Shame we can’t ‘capture’ today and carry it over!

  • #4462

    Derek Russell
    Participant

    Friday is fine for me.

     

  • #4464

    Carol Carter
    Participant

    Hi, Agree that tomorrow not suitable and regretfully we cannot do Friday. Have a good ride. See you next month Gil & Carol

     

  • #4465

    Christine Roberts
    Participant

    Hi Andy,

    Friday 16 is fine with me

    Chris R

  • #4467

    Steve Golding
    Participant

    Should be OK for Fri if weather more favourable, though will have to dust saddle, de-cobweb handlebars and oil knee-caps. Steve G

The topic ‘February 2018 ride’ is closed to new replies.