October 2021 ride

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
    Topic starter
    • #8791
      Andy Henderson
      Keymaster

      I’ve been holding off from posting a ride because of the variable weather forecast. It’s currently looking wet and windy for Tuesday – not perfect.

      I plan to delay a week until Tuesday 12th October. If the weather outlook improves on Monday, I might suggest going out this Tuesday as well – but that doesn’t look likely. I’ll send out an email and add a forum entry if the situation changes.

      I suggest a trip to Compton, There’s a couple of routes and we can always shortcut to somewhere else if we want.

      Replies to this topic appear here...

    • #8796
      Ann Kent
      Participant

      Thanks Andy, Sounds like a good plan, I would like to give it a go on the 12 th if possible

      Ann

    • #8797
      Peter Haskell
      Participant

      Am rather too familiar with weather problems.  Am ok with either date.

      Peter

    • #8798
      David Dodgson
      Participant

      Hi Andy,

      Agree weather does not look promising for Tuesday. 12 th fine with me but can do 5th if there is a sudden unexpected improvement.

      David

    • #8799
      Peter Walmsley
      Participant

      Either for me

    • #8801
      Michael Bridgman
      Participant

      Forecast for tomorrow has perked up …am happy to join you at The Spring if the ride’s still on Andy?

      Mike

    • #8802
      Andy Henderson
      Keymaster

      As Mike says, weather is looking drier than originally forecast and a bit less gusty.

      Given Mike’s willing to go out, I’ll be at HIADS at 10 and The Spring around 10.30.

      We’ll see what the weather’s like next Tuesday.

      Andy

    • #8803
      Robert Hornby
      Participant

      Hi Andy,

      i will join you at HIADs tomorrow.

       

      cheers

      bob

    • #8804
      David Dodgson
      Participant

      Hi Andy,

      Thanks for the update and see you tomorrow,

      David

    • #8805
      Peter Haskell
      Participant

      See you tomorrow

      Peter

    • #8811
      Michael Bridgman
      Participant

      Thanks Andy

      See you tomorrow

      Mike

    • #8831
      Andy Henderson
      Keymaster

      Weather’s looking good for tomorrow (Tuesday) so I’ll re-run the Compton ride.

      I’ll start from HIADS at 10 and will be going past the Spring Centre about 10.30.

      Andy

    • #8832
      Peter Haskell
      Participant

      See you for tomorrow’s re-ride

      Peter

    • #8833
      Ann Kent
      Participant

      Hi Andy, I have just read this post and noted the meeting time of 10.00. See you there

      Ann

    • #8834
      Peter Walmsley
      Participant

      Me too

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The topic ‘October 2021 ride’ is closed to new replies.