29 August 2020 at 9:02 am #7503
I’ve been holding off from posting because the weather has been so variable recently. The BBC and the Met Office currently agree that next Tuesday will be mainly dry, so here’s hoping…
I’ve had a suggestion that we go to Queen Elizabeth Country Park. It would be one of our longer rides at 32 miles from HIADS (roughly 1½ hours there and the same back). However, joining us at the Spring or the Ship would reduce that to 20 miles.
What do you think?
We’ll limit the size of the ride to six people. I think we’re likely to be over-subscribed given some advance ‘bookings’ I’ve already received. So I plan to run the ride twice. I’m helping the Havant Repair Café on the 8th so – if we stick to Tuesdays – the second run would be on the 15th. If you’d like to come, please let me know your availability on both days. If that doesn’t work out. I’ll try to sort out some different days.
Replies to this topic appear here...
29 August 2020 at 9:26 am #7506Peter HaskellParticipant
Can make the 1st (full distance) but will be away on the 15th
29 August 2020 at 9:38 am #7507Carol CarterParticipant
Gil and I would like to join on 1st.
Carol & Gil
29 August 2020 at 9:50 am #7508David DodgsonParticipant
I would like to join the ride please.
I may well be away on 15 th so would prefer this tuesday if possible.
29 August 2020 at 2:22 pm #7509Martine HebblethwaiteParticipant
I`d like to join you for the Queen Elizabeth ride on the 1st. I will meet you at The Spring as usual.
Not sure what we`re doing on the 15th yet as I have my birthday on that day.
30 August 2020 at 11:03 am #7510Robert HornbyParticipant
Hi Andy,. I can make only the 15th. Cheers Bob
30 August 2020 at 6:31 pm #7511Christine RobertsParticipant
Thank you for planning the ride.Yes,I would like to join in this Tuesday.
Maybe we are not limited to 6 people,but 15 as the C.T.C. post states?
31 August 2020 at 11:42 am #7512
I have raised questions with Cycling UK (which raised its limit on ride size to 15 last week) because:
- I can’t find anything in the Government advice and guidance that allows > 6
- It says nothing about using cafés and other outlets
Also, I wouldn’t want to break the six-person limit without consulting the U3A committee and (any) U3A Trust advice/guidance.
31 August 2020 at 4:38 pm #7513
I’ve arranged for the second run to be on Monday 14th September. So far we’ll be: Me, Bob and Chris.
Tomorrow’s ride will be: Peter, Carol, Gil, David, Martine – and me.
- The topic ‘September 2020 ride’ is closed to new replies.