Availability: Currently closed to new members
Group leader: Steve Jones - Contact Steve
This group is not currently accepting new members. If you would like to join this or a similar group, please register your interest. That will allow us to notify you if a place becomes available. If enough people register an interest we will try to create a new group.
We currently meet from 2-4pm on the 4th Monday of the month. The emphasis is on getting to know blues artists, their work and where it has been influential in the 20th century:
- Review the lives of influential American blues artists of the 20th century .
- Listen to examples of their recorded music.
- Consider and listen to British music influenced by these artists.
- Occasionally attend appropriate music events.
- Subject to members music abilities, play/sing some of these songs.
The meetings are held at Steve Jones' house in Eastoke and accommodate seven people. Steve has a good collection of blues recorded music and literature and prepares a presentation each month supported by electronic literature (pdf’s).
Fellow members are welcome, but are expected, to contribute in one or more of the following ways:
- Bring an interest in Blues and a desire to enjoy the genre, through listening and discussion.
- Prepare and give a presentation. This can be related to a Blues artist or how their work has affected their own life (Desert Island Discs in Blue).
- Contribute musically or vocally.