Availability: Any member can attend
We arrange occasional visits to places on behalf of all Hayling Island U3A members. You do not have to join the Visits 'group' to go on one of our trips.
Our 2017 programme has been agreed and details are:
- Beaulieu, Motor Museum, Palace, SOE Finishing School. Combined with visit to Bucklers Hard. April 27th
- Hampton Court and Grounds. July 19th
- Denbies Wine Estate Indoor and Outdoor tour September 13th
- Salisbury Cathedral and Christmas Market. December 13th
Bookings for visits are limited. We take bookings on a first-come first-served basis, but (because of issues we've had in the past) we do not recognise a booking until we've received your payment. That means we cannot start taking bookings until we have calculated the cost to members. Cheques are not cashed until nearer the date of the visit when various payments have to be made.
The easiest way for you to book a place on a visit is to go to the visit page (shown under 'Forthcoming events' at the right hand side of this page, or at the bottom) and follow the instructions shown under 'Your bookings' at the end of the description. If 'Your bookings' doesn't appear it means we are still calculating the cost of the trip so can't yet take bookings.
You can now make payment by bank transfer on the internet. You need to login to the members' area to see the bank account details. Click here to do that now.
Cheques can also be taken or sent to Debbie Wilsher. To see her address, click here to log in to the members' area.
You can also book visits at the monthly meetings. We'll have a table set up to take bookings for visits.
Our 2018 programme has been agreed and details are:
- Globe Theatre Tour with the opportunity to visit Borough Market, The Millenium Bridge and Tate Modern. April 25th
- Longleat Safari Park and House. June13th
- A special visit to Swanage which will finish with a six thirty dinner at the Laguna Hotel, Bournemouth before returning to Hayling Island. For a supplementary charge there is 2 hour sailing experience on a Gaffer rigged cutter. Numbers are limited to 12 per session and two sessions are scheduled. If you are not a seadog you can always take a trip to Corfe Castle on the Swanage Railway. August 17th
- Bristol Christmas Market combined with a visit to Brunel's "SS Great Britain". December 19th
Costs for these visits will be shown when they are finalised. We hope this advance notice of next year's visits will enable you to plan your diaries to avoid disappointment.