You'll find a warm welcome as a new member of Hayling Island u3a - we look forward to meeting you.
Please click any of these headings for more information, or click/tap the button below to send your application.
Benefits of membership
As a member of Hayling Island u3a you can:
- Participate in educational, creative and leisure activities in a friendly environment
- Explore new interests and activities in a friendly and supportive atmosphere
- Learn for pleasure, through shared knowledge, skills and experience
- Contribute time, expertise and energy to help establish new groups and further the work of the u3a
- Attend any of our monthly meetings for free
- Access the members' area of this web site to see services and material not available to the general public
- Get monthly 'update' emails keeping you in touch with what's going on in Hayling Island u3a and the u3a Trust
- Receive the Hayling Island u3a newsletter three times a year
- Receive the national u3a magazine: "Third Age Matters" five times a year
- Join other u3as that allow associate members, possibly with a discounted subscription
- Access resources and guidance from the national Third Age Trust, as appropriate
Give us a try
You are welcome to come to any of our monthly meetings as a non-member to find out more about us and to meet some members. If you don't know anyone, please let us know at the door and we'll arrange some introductions. There is a £2 entrance fee for non-members which helps us cover speaker and refreshment costs.
Also, some groups - notably those that do not meet in members' homes - are happy to welcome potential new members on a trial basis. Please contact the relevant group leader (via the group pages) to find out more.
Table of member fees for year: 2021-22
|Start date||Fee payable|
|1 April 2021||£15.00|
|1 May 2021||£14.00|
|1 June 2021||£13.00|
|1 July 2021||£12.00|
|1 August 2021||£11.00|
|1 September 2021||£10.00|
|1 October 2021||£9.00|
|1 November 2021||£8.00|
|1 December 2021||£7.00|
|1 January 2022||£6.00|
|1 February 2022||£5.00|
|1 March 2022||£4.00|
We welcome members that already belong to another u3a. We charge a reduced subscription per year since we do not have to pay the national organisation a capitation fee and we will not deliver a copy of the national magazine (since you will get one from your 'home' u3a).
We will, however, require proof of u3a membership. For example, a copy of your membership card or a confirmation from your membership secretary.
Table of associate member fees for year: 2021-22
|Start date||Fee payable|
|1 April 2021||£10.00|
|1 May 2021||£9.00|
|1 June 2021||£9.00|
|1 July 2021||£8.00|
|1 August 2021||£7.00|
|1 September 2021||£6.00|
|1 October 2021||£5.00|
|1 November 2021||£5.00|
|1 December 2021||£4.00|
|1 January 2022||£4.00|
|1 February 2022||£3.00|
|1 March 2022||£3.00|
Please get in touch. We'll try to get back to you as soon as we can.