Hayling Island U3A is a member of the Hampshire South Central Network of U3As ("SCN" for short) which now has 17 groups (plus Jersey U3A who are associated) containing over 5,300 members. Its primary objective is to be a forum for exchange of news, information, new ideas and best practice between the U3As within the network.
To achieve this we will:
- Offer training workshops for specific U3A topics and committee roles.
- Organise network study/interest days for members of the network’s U3As.
- Encourage shared learning projects.
- Encourage links between interest groups of individual member U3As for sharing information, skills and experience.
- Provide the opportunity to advertise to adjacent U3As vacancies within their activity groups which are struggling to make numbers and also for special events, excursions etc. which have spare spaces.
- Raise awareness of U3A in the local community.
Further information can be found at the SCN website.