The member's area provides the following additions to the site visible to the public:
- Pages restricted to U3A members. Private pages show a padlock in their title similar to this:
the actual appearance depends on the browser you are using.
- Sections of pages visible only to U3A members; for example:
- Group memberships
- Sections of text marked 'private'
- Services available only to U3A members; for example the ability to:
- Look up another member's contact information (provided they've given permission)
- List news, articles and events for the groups to which the member belongs
- Services available only to authorised members; for example the ability to:
- Email all the members, or just the members of a group
- Add news, article and events
- Maintain the list of groups
The rest of this walkthrough shows you to what's available in the members' area.